Legit Fish is leading a revolution in seafood traceability. We are a mission driven organization, enabling and supporting the harvesting of seafood in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team, feeling a sense of purpose, and having fun while doing it, join us.
Current Job Opportunities:
Rails Back-End Technical Lead
Legit Fish seeks an experienced, senior-level, back-end, Rails/PostgreSQL developer to transform its seafood traceability platform into a highly scalable system. With continued growth and traction of the service, this developer will take the extensive knowledge already learned from version one and transform it into a scaleable, highly automated system.
Successful candidates will be experienced technical leads who can take well-written, but short, requirements and execute the necessary changes, including: tech approach, schema mods, code, tests, fixtures, stubs, api integrations, etc. Comfort with graph theory is a benefit. Also a plus if you have an interest in the global food supply chain. Remote work is acceptable, but preferably in North America.
Rails 6, Postgresql 12, Redis, React (front-end), Rails HTML for admin. No graphdb yet – currently making postgres Common Table Expressions work. Test coverage: MiniTest & Cypress and CI (Circle). Currently deployed on Heroku.
- Maintain responsibility and ownership of back end system performance.
- Lead all project work related to updates and improvements to the backend system.
- Manage work of team support back-end system.
- Ensure system quality and performance standards are met.
- Lead and coach our project team in all aspects of ensuring a robust backend system.
- Participate in the technical design of projects with clients.
- Supervise and write efficient and reliable code; use best practices with our team.
- Organize and participate in code reviews.
- Set up unit and integration tests.
Technical Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of technical development experience with Rails projects and all related frameworks
- Good SQL knowledge, especially Postgres. CTE chops a major plus.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and DevOps culture
- Flexibility and motivation, quest for constant learning
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skill
- Comfort working in startup environment
- Good with non-technical client interaction
- Contract position with potential to transition to hire
- Salary commensurate with experience with equity available over time
- Opportunity to work in a mission driven organization focused on seafood sustainability and local economy
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a code sample available and be ready to talk about a significant project you have managed.